Posted by Danny on 4th Oct 2012
Overall I'd recommend if you're not looking for perfection. I only made a few modifications such as switching to an XT-60 power connector, tripod mounting, and painted the inside of the sundshade panels black.
- Case is good quality with dual locking latches (keys included). Hinge is fairly beefy with no noticable flex when opened.
- Build in power meter to monitor battery voltage.
- 8" LCD has a sharp picture, bright colors, and supports both PAL/NTSC formats. Lots of settings and adjustments in the on-screen menu with navigation buttons accessible through the top panel. Appears to have IR remote sensor in front, but no remote control was provided.
- Two USB ports, but they aren't powered. They're just hooked to a couple of USB extension cables coiled up under the bottom panel. Not sure what the intent is for these.
- Comes with a standard barrel connector soldered to a deans connector for the "DC IN" port. The DC IN port goes through the master toggle switch and is then distributed to the monitor, the LCD power meter, and two other barrel connectors (one male, one female) to power other devices. I believe these are all the standard 3.5mm power connectors typically found on most FPV hardware (e.g. Fatshark goggles).
- There is a male RCA A/V cable input which runs first to the auxillary female RCA connectors on the lower panel, then up to the monitor.
- There are actually two short (~100mm, I didn't measure) SMA extension cables mounted to the top panel just above the power meter (one male>female, one female>male). Picture only shows one of these.
- Good value if you don't want to start from scratch building your own.
- Decent quality materials.
- Relatively fast shipping. China to US in 8 days from web checkout, counting a day spent answering some questions about another part of my order and dealing with miscalculated shipping costs.
- Workmanship is hit and miss. The AV cabling coming back to the monitor from the auxillary AV plug was bad. Not a hard fix, but did not work as recieved. I also added spacers (washers) under the left side of the bottom panel so it would mount properly without being warped. The standoffs used to mount the bottom panel are all the same height, but its actually two panels thick on the right side due to the access door.
- Shipping is very expensive, and was even more than what is calculated by the shopping cart during checkout. This resulted in an email request for significantly more money to cover the remaining shipping cost after I placed the order.
Posted by Unknown on 1st Sep 2012
This is the same as many ground stations selling our there for 599 just without the tx and rx package.
Posted by Manuel on 20th May 2012
Great product, very good quality and solid construction.
Brilliant display and all you need in one box.
You only need to add receiver, antenna and battery to go flying.
I changed the plug for my battery and added a 5V voltage regulator so I can charge my videogoogles via usb in the case.
Choose a currency below to display product prices in the selected currency.